Blackwings and the iCamp Theory

Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009

Written by: Jason

So everyone knows about those ugly ass birdies right? Ya know the ones that got highly over hyped after they first came out and are basically the most sack deck since six samurais? Well if your play style is to swarm the field whenever you can then you are playing the deck wrong, and probably wont have much success with it.

Basically, Blackwings have three incredible cards in their decks, not counting the access to numerous powerful synchro monsters. Those cards being Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind, Black Whirlwind, and Icarus Attack. Now if you look at these three cards you begin to see the amazing control potential that Blackwings do have.

Now I don’t know about most people, but when I think of anti-meta, I think of gadgets. What most people don’t realize is that blackwings can play that very same play style that gadgets have. Black Whirlwind is the amazing card that can allow you to do this. You just camp on it and control the field with Icarus Attacks, Bottomless Trap Holes and Solemn Judgments. Even remember when one of my friends played against gadgets with blackwings, when asked if he won, he responded with “I out Gadget them,” personally, I found this hilarious.

Granted, you won’t be able to do this against skilled players using Gadgets, but you get the idea. All I’m saying, is that unless you’re bad, you want to play the Blackwing deck as a control-based deck.

Okay now that you’ve read that, there is a right time to go for the swarm as well, and that’s when you know you can win or back up the over extension with something that can guarantee that you keep your field presence. If you can’t win, do not play out all of the cards in your and, because you’re only going to set yourself up to lose.

So basically to some it up, Blackwings are more about control than swarming. Until next time.

E.P.B.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Comments

Leave a Reply

Followers