Moving Foreward....

Posted on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This blog has been pretty dead the past few weeks, in between college and stuff I've been pretty busy. Now this is the part that yu-gi-oh players may want to skip over, or read more closely, its really up to you. In my spare time I've been studying WoW minis extensively (spare time as in the past 3 days, last week was hell), since I have to take a break from my yugi locals I wanted a new game to look into.

From what I've read and my understanding so far, the game is really actiuon based. I was minorly (minorly)dissapointed with how bored position didn't affect the game so much. I say this because it seemed like the main ideawas to gain control over the victory point. I haven't seen too many of the other bored designs mind you so it could just be me.

The victory point is an interesting concept though, it basically ensures that the game will be one of action and not multiple turns sitting on your arse. I like this concept, since I enjoy my action in my games. Another game design I adore is the concept of time being a resource in the game. This idea was amazing, and well done. Even though it takes multiple turns to be able to use a character again you still get the feeling that game is steady paced, and once again, you're not sitting on your arse twittling your thumbs.

I also adore the sculpts on the minis. Its part of the reason why I wanted to play the game so much. They just look stunning, and nothing beats feeling like you're controlling your own mini army (they just look that good).

I also enjoy the extensiveness that comes into building your own party. I'm still a beginner on a lot of things to this game, but I still feel like I need to learn more about this. Granted from what I'm looking at so far I've been spendng hours studying whats good with what, there is a lot but thats a good thing.

Granted there are a few things with the game that I didn't like so much. The bases for the minutures are poor, and for a clumsy giant like myself its hard to turn the bases to the correct didgets, especially when the minis get in the way (Varimathras I'm looking at you...)

I don't like the price of boosters, but I hear most miniture games are expensive. The singles are relatively cheap, so it sometimes feel like I wouldn't make my money back from the boosters. The boosters do make up for the fact that you get a playable party out of each booster however, I feel like thats pretty cool.

The major problem is the player base. I haven't been to my local tournament (This saturday, wish me luck ;) )so I wouldnt know about it here but from what I understand is that this game is small. I would like it to be bigger...nao. That won't happen like that though.

I feel like although a majority of its player base are WoW players it seems like they wouldn't have time to pick up a minis game. I mean they already have the computer game and card game being shoved down their throats...Plus UD has been pretty dead since they lost Yugi, they just haven't advertised the game enough. Also it was a pretty terrible idea to schedule the minis events at the same time as the card game events. From what I heard at the major tournaments the WoW card game and minis game tournaments were both at the same time, which basically means that revenue was cut in half >.<;

So if anyone actually reads this blog, give WoW minis a try. Its a really great game and I've only heard good things about it.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Comments

Leave a Reply

Followers