Card of the Week! Destiny End Dragoon

Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009

So I figured I could use a column or two for this blog. Just to make sure I’m still attempting to write things and so I’m not getting lazy. Today’s card of the week I am going to look at a personal favorite of mine. That card is Destiny End Dragoon.


Destiny End Dragoon
Stats: [Warrior / Fusion / Effect] LV10 ATK/3000 DEF/3000
Monster Class-Type: Dark
Card #: LODT-EN042
Description: "Destiny Hero - Plasma" + Destiny Hero - Dogma"
A Fusion Summon of this monster can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK. If you activate this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard you can remove from play 1 "Destiny Hero" card from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card.

So to start things off I am not going to do a standard rating for the card. Why? Because most yu-gi-oh cards are either bad or great, with a few mediocre ones in between, the in between ones are the ones I’m concerned about with this section. Which brings me to DED here.

If you notice, you’ll probably have to take a huge hit in card presence to bring this guy out, but after that point of getting by Bottomless Trap Hole, this guy becomes one of the best boss monsters in the game in my opinion. With that being said, a deck needs to be directly built around this guy to be worth anything.

Luckily a deck being built around the powerhouse is really easy. In fact it is fairly easy to get him out on the first or second turn since everything is searchable and the deck has a massive amount of draw power. The main problems are Bottomless Trap Hole and the huge hit in cards a player takes for bringing him out, it also doesn’t help that a lot of the cards in the deck are either combo pieces or draw cards, so the card utility is really on the low side.

So in conclusion, a deck built around this guy can go a few rounds at a locals, and probably win a tournament or two, but the deck just doesn’t have the staying power or versatility to be able to do anything above that capacity.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Comments

Leave a Reply

Followers