Ole Times PT. 1

Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I was feeling really nostalgic about the game so I decided to post some really old stories I have about the game.

I really love Batteryman, it was my first real love in the game ever since the Lost Millennium came out. So why did I latch on to this theme? Well thunder has always been my favorite type, so the thunder archtype I had to play. Another reason was that I went to the Lost Millenium sneak preview and played Batteries, and it was also the last time I actually played with my brother. Makes me miss those days. Other than that there have been some good times with the deck, but more on that later.

Another fond memory was this sort of cube draft me and my friends did. Although it wasn't really a cube draft. We all just picked cards out of my friends bad card basket to make a deck. What I ended up with was a pretty coherent deck (for being made of all bad cards) versus a beatdown deck made up of big monsters. The deck I had was a stall/normal deck, with so many random and bad cards you would cry. The most I remember is using Delta Attacker with triple Fiend Scorpion to beat my friends deck.

Aside from that there are many good memories of my friends that used to play. A lot of them involve me using an OTK of some sort (Chimeratech, Batteryman) to beat them, and although we weren't the best of players it was really fun. My favorite story would have to be a long one about a player who used to come into the shop.

This kid was a relatively rich kid who would always brag about how expensive his cards were. This was at the point that the first Champion pack came out. He always had the most expensive stuff at the time. One of which being Satellite Cannon. Me and the kid both really annoyed each other (I think we were about 13-14 at the time). I ended up winning out against the kid.

The next week the kid came back and was using the same cards that I did. Which would annoy me at the time. Since I played with stuff that was less than good I thought that I had a right to be the only one who played it (which was a dumb idea at the time, but I digress). The kid ended up doing horribly with it, and losing to one of my friends.

Looking back on it, it was just fun to have an enemy sometimes. Although I’d like to think I’m past childish things like that, it does make for a good story.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Comments

Leave a Reply

Followers