Another Blog Update

Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009

So while my friends are at Gen-Con I figured I would write something fun and lighthearted for the blog, while they cover the knitty gritty stuff that I can not write about. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Gen-con, and I haven’t written in the past few days, party because I’m lazy, partly because I’ve been reading The Nightside Novels (which are incredibly entertaining), and partly because I was helping my friends play test for the upcoming event.

Anyway, here goes what, I’d figured I’d lay low with the really heavy stuff, especially for this format, since next format’s OCG list is officially confirmed (we hope). Assuming we still have the same list, writing about next format will soon follow if and when the list is confirmed as ours. So I figured I’d write something that everyone can enjoy, and that would be about the Sneak Preview.

Starting off, the format for the sneak preview is rather simple. You put together a 20-card deck from the 5 packs you get and you play in free play or if your tournament is boss they might be doing flights). The things you look for if you are playing in flights are high defense and high attack monsters, and various minor combos here and there. Nothing really too complicated there, just use common sense and put two and two together when it comes to cards with effects that you may want to use. Don’t use too many cards that you want ever be able to use.

Now, when it comes to values, sneak previews are usually the place to pick up, or get rid of cards before the secondary market decides on a final price for them. In this set, the cards a competitive player will want to be on the lookout for will probably be Blackwing- Vayu the Emblem of Honor, the Ko’aki Meiru ultra rare cards (if only for testing and trading), and any X-Saber card that’s above a rare. Fortunately for us, Black Shiny C is a common and a main anti-synchro card that Lightsworn will be able to use.

At the sneak preview, pretty much any holo can net you some good stuff in trade stock, you just have to push your cards right. The value for sneak preview cards are usually hard to determine, so players will either trade freely, or become much harder to trade with. I guess a lot of it would depend on whom you talk to.

Anyway, enough about the sneak preview, lets look at the Turbo pack. The pack itself is an amazingly well done set.

Ultimate Rare:
TU01-EN000 Judgment Dragon

Ultra Rare:
TU01-EN001 Doomcaliber Knight

Super Rare:
TU01-EN002 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
TU01-EN003 Krebons
TU01-EN004 Gladiator Beast Samnite
TU01-EN005 Black Whirlwind

Rare:
TU01-EN006 Crush Card Virus
TU01-EN007 Satellite Cannon
TU01-EN008 Rescue Cat
TU01-EN009 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
TU01-EN010 Trade-In
TU01-EN011 Armageddon Knight

Common:
TU01-EN012 Book of Moon
TU01-EN013 Terraforming
TU01-EN014 Hand Destruction
TU01-EN015 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
TU01-EN016 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
TU01-EN017 Gladiator Beast Laquari
TU01-EN018 Golden Flying Fish
TU01-EN019 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
TU01-EN020 D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation

It’s a really good set. If you have seen the pictures, the Judgment Dragon is a really amazing piece of hawtness. Any of the reprinted supers will be a must have if players want to shine out their decks, and plus they just look so amazingly cool. The Ultra Rare Doom Calibur Knight is a really nice surprise, especially since it’s a reprint of a really (I mean really) hard to obtain card.

My only personal gripe would be Crush Card getting released and then possibly getting the axe, but that is really only a minor annoyance, because honestly, it’s a good card that probably should be banned. Either way definitely be on the lookout for Turbo packs when they finally hit shop (or be sure to win a lot, since the only way to officially obtain them is through tournaments).

So that it for now. Hopefully when my friends get back I’ll have some juicy Gen-Con coverage. If not, well then you’ll be sure to hear about that too. Either way, really big blog update, thanks for reading.

E.P.B.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Comments

Leave a Reply

Followers